Friday, October 9, 2009

CCA Dumpsters

So, I dumpstered some more art, this time from the california college of the arts, oakland. They make some pretty good trash there: I found lots of discarded prints from the printmaking studio, some glass bits, and a large ceramic sculpture of a girl on a couch. I want there to be at least a little inspiration and quality to the raw materials I'm putting into my sustainable work. there is a depth about working with these already worked medias, like my job is not so much to create something new, but to extract the creativity from already existing art. creativity that otherwise would have been lost. I am inspired to design a new fate for these collected discarded works: the compressed art cube. Basically I will find a way to crush many works together into a small cube of condensed art/creativity. Kind of like how a junkyard crushes cars, but in this case the compressed art cube is the ultimate destiny.




No comments:

Post a Comment