Saturday, November 7, 2009

Materials And Drying

The new art cubes are drying. Cube #4 is wrapped in bungees because after a day of being out of its mold, it started to uncrumple - the glue is not all dry and Cube #6 is also back in its mold because I had to reglue some of the layers.

The basic materials I've been using. The petroleum jelly is to line the mold so the cube doesn't get stuck to it. The two small containers in the middle are samples of acrylic medium, of which I got at the East Bay Center for Creative Reuse, everything gets slathered with that. Also I have been using the Yes! glue, which I also got at the Center for Creative Reuse. The Yes! glue is non-toxic and ismade of dextrine, which is a starch deriviative, probably not as archival as the acrylic and it takes a longer time to dry apparently.

1 comment:

  1. I use yes paste for bookmaking, it's archival...and if you got hungry, you can eat it...yum. breeann

    ReplyDelete